Four-year Grammar School
The PRIGO Language and Humanities Grammar School is a secondary school which initiated its activity in 1993 as the first non-state Grammar School in Ostrava and the surrounding area.
The school provides education in the six-year and four-year Grammar School.
Four-year Grammar School – Grammar School programme 79-41-K/41
The programme of the general four-year Grammar School focuses on gifted students who have decided to start studying at a high school after completing the compulsory education at the elementary school. These are students who want to have the typical Grammar-school education but who also want to be specialised in humanities and languages.
The curriculum and the school educational programme can be downloaded here (available in the Czech language only).
Admission requirements for the 3rd round
There are only 6 vacancies left for the 3rd round of the admission procedure.
If the applicant does not show interest in using the criteria in points 1-9 below), then he / she passes the school entrance examination, which consists of the test of General Study Prerequisites – OSP (example here). Depending on the test result, the candidate can get up to 100 points.
Criteria for recognition of the school part of the examination
Four-year Grammar School
1) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.4 (for both 8th and 9th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
2) the average school results from all subjects in the eighth or the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.3 (for both 6th and 7th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
3) the average school results of at least the three following subjects (Czech, English, History) in the ninth year of the elementary school did not exceed the value of 1.1 and the total school results from all subjects in the eighth and the ninth year did not exceed the value of 1.7 (for both 6th and 7th grade, only the school results for the first semester are presented)
4) placed first down to fifth in a regional or district round of a mathematics, chemistry, physics, geography or astronomy competition, or alternatively a competition in Czech language or an equivalent competition announced by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports or by schools (such as the Maths Kangaroo, IT Merit Badge)
5) passing a certified English, German or Spanish language examination at Level A2 and higher (e.g. KET, PET, FIN in DEUTSCH 2, FLYERS)
6) based on the current and documented membership in Mensa Czech Republic (IQ value is greater than or equal to 130)
7) placed in the top 30% of a logic competition organised by Mensa Czech Republic in a regional round at least once in the course of studies at the elementary school
8) based on the decision made by the headmistress of PRIGO Language and Humanities Grammar School by exercising discretion in the recognition of type-equivalent or similar achievements listed in Points 4) and 5), worthy of special consideration
In accordance with the provisions of Section 60, Paragraph 3 of the Czech Education Act, the school principal decides as follows:
a) for the field, if the candidate does not meet at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), the better of the results in points 9) and 10), ie the state part of the entrance examination or the school entrance examination, will be assessed. For the school part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 10), the candidate can achieve a maximum of 100 points. The school part must be completed again for the 3rd round of the admission procedure and the school part from the 1st or 2nd round of the entrance examination cannot be recognized. For the part of the uniform (state) part of the entrance examination mentioned in point 9), the candidate may achieve a maximum of 100 points. The uniform entrance examination from the first round will be recognized, provided that the applicant submits, together with the application for study, the result of the evaluation of the uniform entrance examination from the first round.
If the applicant meets at least one of the criteria listed in points 1-8), he / she will be obliged to pass the school entrance examination according to point 10), resp. the obligation to document the result of the state part of the entrance examination according to point 9) is waived and automatically awarded a point evaluation of 100 points in the overall ranking of candidates.
b) if the candidate does not reach the minimum set point limit of 30 points for the field of education 79-41-K / 41 Gymnázium, then he / she will not meet the criterion for passing the entrance examination and will not be accepted for education.
Based on the points that the candidate receives, the order of the candidates from the best to the worst result is compiled. The primary criterion for ranking candidates is the number of points achieved. If the score is the same, the average benefit according to point 1) rounded to two decimal places is used as a secondary criterion. Pupils who have obtained at least the minimum number of points for a given round and will be placed in the interval from 1st place to a place that corresponds to the order of the candidate who placed last within the remaining capacity (number of vacancies – 6 ) for the 3rd round of the admission procedure for the given field of education.
You can find more information on our Grammar School here.